Pages

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The nurturing side of our military




Photo: Courtesy of David W. Gilmore, Jr./US Air Force


"Air Force Chief Master Sgt. John Gebhart, of the 332nd Expeditionary
Medical Group at Balad, Iraq, cradles a young girl as they both sleep in the
hospital. The entire family was executed by insurgents; they killers shot
her in the head as well. The girl received treatment at the U.S. Military
hospital in Balad, but cries and moans often. According to nurses at the
facility, Gebhart is the only one who can calm down the girl, so he has spent
the last several nights holding her while they both sleep in a chair".

And you won't find this in the MSM. I wonder why?

Because they'd rather print photos of death and destruction and Abu Graib and anything else that portrays our military in a negative light, rather than something positive.

4 comments:

MUD said...

One of the funniest things I find in the real world is the misunderstanding that those of us that were involved in the profession of warfighting have no other feelings. Be cry, bleed, love and hate just like everyone else.
My training was to kill the other guy prior to his killing me. I trained hard and long to stop from suffering and killing of my people. I have held my son and someday hope to hold his son or daughter.
I now give back to my community by being a substitute para-professional in the school system. Yesterday I got to hug a child whose father is oversea's and help her feel loved.
Debate is overpowered by hate but that can be overcome with a good hug. It is just how hard you hug that is the difference. I love this article and wish you all, even Daniel, peace and happiness.
MUD

Incognito said...

I know, MUD, it's very sad that the media is so unwilling to show the other side of what they consider to be 'killing machines'.

And I, for one, am grateful for every single one of our military personnel.
Thank you for your years of service AND for being a teacher: one of the noblest professions!!
A good hug and love! Problem is people hate what they fear.
Yes, peace and happiness to you and the world!

Anonymous said...

You fear liberals and Muslims, yes?

Incognito said...

Not fear, Anony, just find them problematic.
And I'm surprised, as a liberal, you don't have the guts to say who you are. seeing as you obviously fear nothing.
Peace.