Pages

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Tyson Chicken Plant Swaps Labour Day For Muslim Eid al-Fitr

Here we go folks, it's starting! The Tyson Chicken plant in Shelbyville, TN will now celebrate the Muslim holy day Eid al-Fitr instead of Labour Day! At least the union employees will; even those who don't happen to be Muslim! Thanks to the Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union's new 5 year contract, union employees will no longer get a paid day off on Labour Day; that all-American, U.S. federal holiday that marks the end of summer. They will now have to take their day off on October 1st, this year, with all their Muslim co-workers celebrating the end of Ramadan. Of the 1,200 employees at the poultry plant, 700 are Muslim (many of Somali descent), though who knows how many of those are union members. And although some workers don't seem to mind, others do:

Nineteen-year plant veteran William Pentecost doesn’t agree with the decision. "I don’t think it's right. I really don't think it's right," he said.
"It shouldn't happen. I mean, I think, we're in America, you're in America, I think that they should go with our holidays," Pentecost said


Since when does a union have the right to replace a federally-mandated holiday with a religious holiday, because a slight, but vocal majority demands it? Have the Jews ever demanded concessions and accommodations? They get the same holidays every other American gets, with no complaints. And when did Muslims become the majority? Last I heard Christians still are a majority, with approximately 2.1 billion adherents, followed by Muslims with approximately, 1.5 billion, and growing rapidly.

Apparently, Tyson has also built a prayer room for Muslims. Would they also build ones for any Hindus, Buddhists, Jews or Christians that might happen to work there, if asked? I sincerely doubt it, although they claim it has never been requested. Would Saudi Arabian authorities allow a company to build a prayer room for Christians? I think not. They don't even allow Churches there.

And since when does industry cater to religious groups? Religion should be a personal, private matter, not part of the workforce, unless it happens to be a religious organization. Why are we giving into Muslim pressure? The more we give in the more they will expect,and the more this country will become Islamicized. The United States was founded on Judeo-Christian principles, it is NOT an Islamic country. Yes, they are free to practice their religion, but why should others suffer because they demand their holiday replace one that has been in existence since 1894!

Is this where our country is headed?

UPDATE: Looks like Tyson reinstated Labour Day as a paid holiday! Just proves that when enough people balk, things get done. I know that Tyson paid a visit to this blog, via google, soon after I published this post. They must have visited other blogs complaining about their decision.

21 comments:

MUD said...

I hope they do a better job at screening the Somali employees than the Beef Plant in Emporia did. Several of them had TB and until they showed up it was almost not ever diagnosed in Emporia. The workers that are m=Muslim should be given the chance to take their day off in October but the Federal Holiday should be observed by the 6,300 non Muslims. They come to America, They play our game. MUD

Blazingcatfur said...

Sheesh, I do not know what to say, other than boycott Tyson.

Anonymous said...

Incognito,

Remember, Tyson is a long-time, good personal Arkansas friend of the Clinton cabal and heavily supported them in all their political escapades. I never eat Tyson Chicken — just not very tasteful or tasty.

I knew Tyson’s politics was faulty but now we see they will accommodate and embrace the very religion that is working to subjugate them and us.

In Christ,

ExP(Jack)

Anonymous said...

Here's a solution...HIRE MEXICANS...and send the Somolies back to where they came from..

Incognito said...

MUD: I agree. Many corporations allow personal days off, which is when they should take the day off. The Union should have negotiated the day off for the Muslims and not forced the swap.

BCF: Looks like Tyson might be concerned about the fallout, because I noticed they paid a visit.

EXPREACHERMAN: Remember, it was the Union that forced the issue, so I blame them as much as Tyson.. and I'm a member of 3 different unions. Had no idea they played footsies with the Clintons, unlike the Walmart crowd I guess.. other Arkansans.

ANON: And for union wages, how about American citizens..

Layla said...

When read these sorts of stories going on all around our nation I must ask are we going to make Sharia Law available for Muslims too, just as they did in the UK?

How pathetic and thank you for posting this - I missed this one!

Incognito said...

LAYLA: Well, if we aren't careful we might end up doing that. And at the rate we are going... it might not be that far off.

Pat Jenkins said...

see i knew you would make a good journalist... great find here incog, this is the first i had heard of this. maybe i need to become a muslim if they can demand a day off, and snap ya get one. this could be quite benificial!!!

Melanie said...

I won't be buying Tyson..that is ridiculous! What happened to the great..separation of church and state...last time I looked Islam was a religion..

Thanks for the kind comment on my blog. Much appreciated!!

Anonymous said...

A disgraceful, unconscionable and destructive move. Who's responsible for their store policy -- MIKE Tyson? There are so many things wrong with this you could blog on it all day.

I'd boycott them but I don't currently buy any of their products anyway.

Nikki said...

This is just so bizzare. This to me is liberalism run amok. I can only assume that Christian holidays are treated with the same fervor? Of course we wouldn't want to offend anyone. Labor Day is for the American worker...not the christian, jew or Muslim worker. HMM. I guess I will think twice or 3 times before purchasing a tyson chicken. great info. :)N

Incognito said...

PATJ: You are so sweet to say that...well, yeah... remember it was a prayer room first.. then their holiday, what next?

MONDAY: That's the problem.. there def. should be separation, but the whole idea seems to be getting more skewed.

ZACHR: Good to see you here. The more they demand and get, the more they will demand and expect it. dangerous precedent. As for boycotting, I would too, but I don't eat meat. :-)

NIKKI: That is what's so outrageous.. the fact they are replacing a federal, non-religious holiday with a religious one.

WomanHonorThyself said...

this is truly sick Incog..what next!!

Karen Townsend said...

Thanks for posting on this. I missed it. It's really maddening, though.

Z said...

I've barely heard such a disgusting action in America.
I wish the media would be honest enough to disclose this (CNN, FOX, etc.) Anybody seen it anywhere but on the blogosphere? I wonder if Tyson's also full of Arab money? Or are they just THIS PC and unthinking or uncaring toward America's major religions and so kowtowing to such a minority?

WHY the silence? Because it would look islomophobic. THIS is the problem. We can't speak out.."how would that look?" SO...are we lost? Is it just a matter of time?

Incognito said...

WOMAN: Much more,if we continue on this route.

KAREN: Thanks to a friend who sebt me the link.

Z: None of the biggies, but the Nashville WSMV was the source of this info. Now I'm a member of 3 unions, but I have problems when they do things like this. The majority voted and they won. and the majority happen to be Muslims. Sad.

Anonymous said...

Great minds think alike.
I also did a blog on this subject
I'm getting tired of reading things like that. When is this Country going to stand up and say Enough is Enough?

Anonymous said...

Since when do Americans spell Labor with a "u" as in Labour? Are you REALLY an American?

dd2 - great minds to not think alike, in face they think quite opposite. If great minds thought alike there would be very little in the way of new thoughts and progress.

Incognito said...

ANONY: That's a legit question... yes I am. I was raised abroad and some habits die hard. My Dad was a U.S. diplomat.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the clarification! Funny that America uses a slightly different English that the rest of the world while spelling - labour, centre, using "s" where "z" is used (legalization vs legalisation) all are words that come to mind.

Why do you require those who comment to pass a word verification? Just curious.
Thank you.

Incognito said...

ANON: It is interesting. Not only are there different spellings of certain words, there are also different meanings, some of which could get you in trouble.

As for word verification, I use it to deter spammers. It's easier for them to leave spam messages without it, even though some will actually take the time to type in the word verification. I know it's annoying, sorry, but getting a ton of spam is even more frustrating. I have seen abandoned blogs without word verification with tons of spam.