Pages

Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Gotye Parody- "Obama That I Used To Know"- By Disillusioned 2008 Supporters

It looks like it's time for all the political parodies of popular songs, including one based on Belgium/Australian singer Gotye's  incredibly catchy tune "Somebody That I Used To Know"- which I now cannot get out of my head.
Watch  the original (featuring Kimbra) first, and then the following clever video by JustNew Productions.  JustNew Productions (Justin Monticello and Ryan Newbrough) skewer Obama for not following up on his 2008 campaign promises. Will they vote for Romney?  Doubtful, since he's poked fun at, as well. Will they vote for Obama again?  Probably. As you can see by the lyrics (below), the disillusionment has more to do with Obama not going far enough, including getting out of Guantanamo. I contacted them by email, and will update if I hear back.
It's written by Ryan and Justin, directed by Justin and performed by Gabi Conti and Justin (with vocals by Matthew Bohrer)




LYRICS

Now and then I think of that election day, November
When you won I felt so happy I could die
Chugged a fifth, paraded in the street
And I thanked God that Palin wasn't Veep
It felt like change and it's a hope I still remember

You can get addicted to a certain kind of message
Like this is change we can believe in, yes we can
But college ended, had to pay my rent
At least you're the first gay president
But the change I got was that I moved in with my mother

Because you won and then you cut me off
Now your speeches never soar as high as unemployment
You took Obamacare so far
But you left me like a dog strapped on Romney's car
Even the shirt that was on my back
Is owned by China or being arbitraged by Goldman Sachs
Just send in a Predator Drone
'Cause now you're not Obama that I used to know

Now you're not Obama that I used to know
Now I need Obama that I used to know

Sometimes I think that Peace Prize winners shouldn't have a kill list
But you dumped Bin Laden in the sea so maybe it's all good
Said you'd rouse my economy
Your big package didn't stimulate me
Still my American Idol, though
When you sang, "I'm so in love with you"...Obama that I used to know

But you won and then you cut me off
Made out like you'd close Guantanamo and we got nothing
Relocation shouldn't be that hard
Just strap the prisoners in on top of Romney's car
No, I don't need you to legalize
Just keep the feds away from folks like you when you were younger
There's nothing that you didn't toke
But now that's just Obama that I used to know

Obama
That I used to know
Obama
That I used to know
Obama
That I used to know

In 2012 I need Obama that I used to know

No comments: