Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Russian Dissident Discusses Obama's "Flexibility" Comment- Video

The Daily Caller posted this video of Russian dissident and Vladimir Putin critic, Pavel Stroilov, discussing his take on Barack Obama's private chat with Dmitry Medvedev discussing missile defense while attending a summit in Korea this past March. That same chat that neither realized had been caught on audiotape when Obama told Dmitry to give him space, since he would have more "flexibility" once he was re-elected.

London-based Stroilov claims there are many who have been very disappointed" with Obama's foreign policy the past four years and is not thrilled with what another four might bring. He criticizes Obama for buckling to the worst dictators, and letting down all the democracies and allies of the U.S. and the West.

Regarding his interpretation of the hot mic incident, he says, speaking for Obama:

“This means, ‘I can’t do it now, because American voters do not want it. But I don’t care what American voters want, I care what my friend Vladimir wants. I will do it. Just give me some time to fool the American voters, to pretend I am tougher than I really am, and then we will fix it, don’t worry."
“I mean, I can’t read it in any other way. I am sorry if that sounds disrespectful towards your president, but that’s what it means in English.” 





No comments: