Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

It's that time of year- the time to give thanks for what we have, and to be ever so grateful for what we don't have. In spite of all our troubles, we still live in a democracy, for now. Some of our freedoms are being eroded and restricted by the intolerant, p.c. crowd, but at least we are still free, for now.

I am thankful that although I might not like who our leaders are, I can criticize them to my hearts content without the fear of being jailed or killed, for now.

I am thankful that every American has the opportunity to get an education, women in some countries are not so fortunate.

I am thankful that we can still worship freely in whatever faith we choose, or not at all.

I am thankful that we don't have to deal with daily rocket fire raining down on our heads from neighbours who want us dead, and who have no intention of sticking to a cease-fire.

I am thankful, as a woman, to be living in a land where I am not forced to stay at home or cover myself up in order to head outdoors, and then only in the company of a male relative.

I am thankful and grateful for our military troops abroad and stateside.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!  Enjoy your turkey, ham or your Tofurkey if you happen to be a veggie.










2 comments:

BetteJo said...

Hope your Thanksgiving is blessed with family, friends, and great food!

Incognito said...

Bette Jo! You too, my dear.