Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Lefty Idiot Of The Day- Professor Smokes and Rants On Airplane About Love Of Chavez

An idiot gringa lefty professor started ranting about U.S. imperialism and her love of Venezuela's dead President Hugo Chavez, her hero, on a recent plane trip back from Nicaragua.  She was arrested upon arrival at Miami airport since she happened to also be smoking on the airplane, which is verboten.

Karen Bettez Halnon teaches sociology at Penn State, and says on a YouTube video:

“The United States has declared war on Venezuela. ” “Venezuela has been declared a national security threat.”

She said she had just woken up after an American Airlines flight from Nicaragua to Miami.

“So you’re aware the police are meeting the aircraft to take you out,” a flight attendant can be heard saying.

Halnon responded, “I already know that so I’m gonna say my piece before I’m arrested.”
Jailed for disorderly conduct, she's back in Pennsylvania, and had this to say about her conduct:

“I was speaking loudly, that’s often interpreted as yelling when a woman speaks loudly,” she said.[snip]
She says she had just returned from a work trip helping single mothers in Nicaragua.
“I felt it was necessary to speak for not only the Venezuelans but the rest of the poor of the world that are constant victims of US military global domination,” she said.

As for her smoking on a plane:

“Yes, that was me and I was actually smoking a cigarette briefly. I took a few puffs out of it and then I put it out and then I joked that the guy next to me made me do it, but that was just a joke,” she said. 
“Every other revolutionary smokes. Fidel, Daniel Ortega, Tomas Borge, Che Guevara, etc. And so that’s one of the significance… to identify with a revolutionary spirit.”
Miss Revolutionary maybe needs to move to Venezuela so she can be closer to her dead hero.

Regarding U.S. imperialism:

"Imperialism has to stop. And people have to use their voice. We have to act up. It’s necessary,” she said.
How about taking action against Islamic imperialism, which is a far more probable and worse threat, Miss Revolutionary.

The rest here, including a video of her rant.

What an idiot.  And this is the kind of person teaching our kids.

No comments: