Pages

Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Back- After A Short Break

My sister was in town for my mother's birthday which allowed me to get away for a bit.  I have been taking care of my mother full time- after my wonderful dad passed away last year- since she doesn't drive, and has no idea of what it takes to pay bills etc. So I have both our lives to take care of.

Caregiving can be exhausting, especially with all of my mother's issues, so I needed a mental health break.  It was only a few days, but I decided that while my sister was here, and then while I was away, I would stay away from the news.  How refreshing not to be bombarded by the plethora of negativity that occurs on a daily basis. It was a lovely break, on all levels.  But now I'm back.

I hope everyone can take the time, every once in a while, to just tune out. Even for a few days. Even for a day.

No comments: