Pages

Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Ben Affleck Says He Doesn't Really Like Republicans

Die-hard liberal actor Ben Affleck told Playboy Magazine in an interview back in December:

“When I watch a guy [on screen] I know is a big Republican, part of me thinks, I probably wouldn’t like this person if I met him, or we would have different opinions. That sh*t fogs the mind when you should be paying attention and be swept into the illusion.”

He does admit he dislikes the money/politics connect. Period. Those $56,000 dinners, regardless of who they are for. And "being used as a prop to schmooze people and try to milk the teat of the donor for money." Not too happy with that either. But he still doesn't think he'd like a Republican if he met one.

Hmm.  Wonder if he'd feel the same about a director who happens to be a Republican, not that there are many who have admitted they are. Would he turn down a gig because a director was conservative?

More on the story here.

No comments: