Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2018

Kristen Bell Not Cool With The Prince's Kiss In Snow White - #MeTooFar

It appears that Fairy Tales are now the target of the liberal, feminist, p.c. movement. Yep. Apparently, people are taking offense to the kiss that the Prince bestows upon Snow White while she's "sleeping." Although I thought that was Sleeping Beauty? But what do I know- I never had kids, unless caregiving my 92-year-old mother qualifies as motherhood, and it's far too long ago to remember the details of the story. I do remember there were seven dwarfs and a poisoned apple, but that's about it.  Anyway, actress Kristen Bell, mother of two little girls, is not too happy about the apple or that kiss.

"Don't you think that it's weird that the prince kisses Snow White without her permission?" Bell recalls asking her daughters. "Because you can not kiss someone if they're sleeping!"
Uh, hello Kristen, it's a Fairy Tale. Get a grip. Plus, both Sleeping Beauty and Snow White would have remained forever in limbo had not the Princes lovingly brought them back to the living with those kisses.

Keira Knightley has similar feelings about certain Disney stories. Her 3-year-old is forbidden to watch:

"Cinderella, banned because she waits around for a rich guy to rescue her. Don’t. Rescue yourself, obviously," Knightley said. "And this is the one that I’m quite annoyed about because I really like the film, but… Little Mermaid. I mean, the songs are great, but do not give your voice up for a man. Hello!”
Uh, speechless.

No comments: