Pages

Friday, October 05, 2018

Silencing and Censoring Conservative Voices- It Happened To Me!

I consider myself a moderate, always have. So I never thought I'd see the day that any of my social media accounts would be censored. But it happened. Today. On Twitter.

I haven't been blogging or Tweeting for a good long while, since caregiving my mom these past 4 plus years has taken its toll as far as time commitment goes. Plus taking care of someone else leaves one less than inspired to sit down and write. But recent events, including the upcoming midterms and the upswing in uber progressive candidates winning primaries, and the current Kavanaugh travesty, I felt compelled to get back into it.

So I've been Tweeting. A LOT these past few weeks. And today was no exception. It's hard not to respond to liberal tools who have their heads so firmly stuck in the sand of ignorance.

 I was on Twitter for a while after breakfast, took a break, did an errand, and was inspired to thank Sen Susan Collins for her speech this afternoon when I noticed something odd on my page- it wasn't refreshing, and every time I tried to tweet the Senator, I got the following message:





Automated? What? I was totally flummoxed because I don't use any kind of software to post for me. I use my little fingers and my keyboard to write. I'm certainly not a spammer- I wish they'd all curl up and die. I have no malicious intent- trying to enlighten liberals I consider a service not malice.

I googled and figured I must have been 'locked out' for some unknown reason.  I immediately contacted Twitter and received the following message from some unknown Twitter entity:

Hello,
Your account appears to have exhibited automated behavior that violates the Twitter Rules: https://support.twitter.com/articles/18311.
In order to continue safely using Twitter, please follow these steps:
Log in to your account on the web or open your Twitter app (iOS or Android).
You’ll see a prompt letting you know your account has been locked. Click or tap “Start”.
Select your country/region from the drop down menu, and then enter your phone number.
Click “Send code” and Twitter will send you a text message with a confirmation code (note that your standard message rates may apply).
Enter the code you received in the “Your code” box and click “Submit”.
You will see a confirmation message that your account is now unlocked.
Once you confirm your identity, it may take up to a few minutes for your account to be unlocked.
If you’re still experiencing an issue after confirming your identity, please reply to this message and provide us with specific details of the problem you're experiencing. We’ll do our best to help!
Thanks,
Twitter Support
I have a measly 178 followers, quite a few of whom have followed me from my recent Twitter posts and comments. I have reciprocated. Certainly not enough to have violated Twitter TOS. And I have done nothing else out of the ordinary.

None of their suggestions work. No prompt. Nothing. My page is stuck in locked down mode. I can see it, but I can't do anything with it. I wrote back and am now awaiting another response.

This is what I see when I use another unrelated Twitter account.


Maybe I was flagged by one or more of those liberals I was trying to educate and enlighten.  Or maybe it was Twitter censoring me, but censoring it most definitely is. I'm sure this would not have happened had I not been standing up for Brett Kavanaugh.


No comments: