Rudy G had a rally today (prior to the F.A.U (Florida) debate tonight), so I decided to show my support, considering his campaign seems to be sadly flagging.
I have always liked Rudy, and planned on voting for him anyway, but after seeing him speak in person, I am convinced he is the right one for the White House.
There is something very real, approachable and trustworthy about the man that I find lacking in the others. Although the other candidates might have certain of the above-mentioned attributes, none of them has the whole package.
Rudy G has twelve commitments to the American People:
1. I will keep America on the offense in the Terrorists' War on Us.
2. I will end illegal immigration, secure our borders, and identify every non-citizen in our nation. [he added that legal immigration would be welcomed]
3. I will restore fiscal discipline and cut wasteful Washington spending.
4. I will cut taxes and reform the tax code. [and he has definite plans on how to do that, including a 1 page tax form that one can use if one chooses to].
5. I will impose accountability in Washington.
6. I will lead America toward energy dependence.
7. I will give Americans more control over, and access to health-care with affordable and portable free-market solutions. [He believes health care decisions should be between you and your doctor, and that government should not interfere].
8. I will increase adoptions, decrease abortions, and protect the quality of life for our children.
9. I will reform the legal system and appoint strict constructionist judges. [He particularly wants to target frivolous law suits, and referenced the judge who sued a dry cleaner for an outrageous amount of money because they ruined a pair of pants!]
10. I will ensure that every community in America is prepared for terrorist attacks and natural disasters.
11. I will provide access to a quality education to every child in America by giving real school choice to parents.
12. I will expand America's involvement in the global economy and strengthen our reputation around the world.
He briefly touched on other subjects, but the overall message was the importance of national security and defense, and less government in our lives.
I think what impressed me most was that he was very positive, and did not resort to vilifying his opponents, unlike Hillary Clinton, who becomes more despicable as the days go by. What the Clintons have been doing to Barack Obama is truly vile, and just shows the true nature of who they are. Many democrats are finally seeing the light, though there are still too many others who continue to be duped by their darkness. I hope Obama wins, not because I believe that we can win the presidential race if he is nominated, but because I don't believe Madame Clinton deserves it.
I still think McCain is going to win the nomination, though I hope I'm wrong. I did predict Thompson would drop out, and he did- but as I was walking back to my car, I started talking to these 2 old ladies about my concerns. One of them chimed in saying she believed Giuliani would become President, and explained her reasons why: she told me that when Carter was running for President, she touched his shoulder, and got the clear impression that he would get elected, and he did (even though she wasn't a Democrat). She mentioned she also happened to touch Rudy on the shoulder, and got the same impression. I told her: "From your lips to God's ears"!!
I hope she's right!
The different generation of Rudy lovers: