What I find most heartbreaking and disturbing is what young children suffer through as Muslims and non-Muslims living in Muslim majority countries. Like women, children are considered chattel, with not much more importance placed on their lives as a cow or a goat. At least that's how it seems. They are offered up, at times, as human sacrifices for their parents' perverse ideological and religious beliefs. Mothers in Palestine (and elsewhere) encourage their children to aspire to Jihad rather than a University education. Like British Islamic religious leader Yassin Nassari's wife, Dutch national Bouchra El Hor , who actively encouraged her husband to embrace radicalism and offered herself and their 5-month old son for martyrdom! They were caught with missile blueprints and instructions on how to make a bomb (to be used against the West) on their way back into the UK from Amsterdam. The sad truth is that not all terrorist wannabees are uneducated, disenfranchised youth. This man was born in London and University educated, although he failed to obtain his degree because his interests turned to Islamic fanaticism instead.
Disabled children are considered even more of a disposable commodity. Insurgents, In Iraq, packed a Down Syndrome child full of explosives and sent him off, as a suicide bomber, to blow up a polling place during the elections back in 2005. He succeeded. And not long ago, U.S. soldiers discovered a group of naked, malnourished special-needs orphans in an Iraqi Orphanage tied, like animals, to their small cots. The soldiers initially thought they were dead. Surprisingly, there were cupboards full of food and new clothing that had obviously not been utilized for these young boys. 24 in total. They speculate that those items were probably being sold on the black market. The only heart warming aspect of the video is at the end where the soldiers are seen handing out stuffed toys, and stroking and touching the children's hands. Something you won't see much of in the msm. The boys were obviously starved for human affection.
Video H/T: Olbroad
Not only Muslim children suffer at the hands of Islam, innocent children of other faiths are often brutally murdered for being infidels. Remember the Indonesian girls who were ambushed on their way to their private Christian school? 3 of them were beheaded (warning graphic photos), their heads found a few miles from where their bodies were found.
And the children of Beslan? 1,200 people were taken hostage at a school in Beslan by Chechen Muslim rebels. 376 people were killed, 186 of those were children.
Children are murdered in the name of Islam daily: collateral damage in suicide bombings, used as human shields in acts of cowardice, pawns in a deadly game of "Mohammed Says: kill the Infidels." Mothers callously bid farewell to their suicide bomber kids as if they were simply sending them off to summer camp, as opposed to their death; proud that their little Ahmed will take his own life and the lives of the many innocents they might happen to cross paths with at the time. Children want to please their parents, and those parents who instill in their child's mind that there is pride and glory in Jihad are as guilty of murder as their offspring who might end up splattered all over some street in Haifa.
Teach Kids Peace has some interesting articles on child suicide bombers. Here are some quotes from parents:
"I'm prepared to sacrifice my six children," said Mahmoud Sumara's mother, Halima. "I'm serious. I don't mind if I lose them if that brings back al-Aqsa..." (NBC News)
▪ "I pray that G-d will choose them (to be martyrs)," says the father of a 13-year-old. (New York Times)
▪ "I am happy that he [my 13-year-old son] has been martyred. I will sacrifice all my sons and daughters (12 in all) to Al-Aqsa and Jerusalem." (London Times)
▪ "If I had 20 children I would send them all down (to fight), I wouldn't spare any of them. We're not scared of death." (Associated Press)
▪ Mother on PA TV, January 2003: (view video) "He would always dream of Shahada [martyrdom]. It was his first and last goal in life. I told him: 'Dear, we all want to be Shahids.' He said: 'In this entire world, I can't think of anyone to marry. I don't think of any girls of this world to marry. I want to marry the Dark Eyed (Virgins of Paradise).' I said: 'If these are his thoughts, I wish him Shahada.'
Ah yes, a mother's love. Obviously, not all mother's wish Shahada (martyrdom) for their children, but a Palestinian Psychologist, Dr. Shafiq Massalha claims that "more than half of Palestinian children aged 6 to 11 dream of becoming suicide bombers."
And quotes from children:
▪ "When I wander into Jerusalem I will become a suicide bomber." proclaims a young Palestinian, age 9. (Palestinian TV children's show, "The Children's Club")
▪ "I come here to say that we will throw them to the quiet sea. Occupiers, your day is near, then we will settle our account. We will settle our claims with stones and bullets," an 8-year-old boy announces. (Palestinian TV children's show, "The Children's Club")
▪ "My heartfelt conviction is to launch a Jihad war," says a 4-year-old. (Palestinian TV children's show, "The Children's Club")
▪ "I want to die as a martyr. I will go straight to paradise if I do that," said a 12-year-old Palestinian boy. (Times of London)
Dr. Massalha conducted a study that has led him to believe that within 10 years or so, with the continued indoctrination of Palestinian children with hatred and the love of Shahada, they will be unleashing upon the west a virulent army of Jihadists.
Mahatma Ghandi said that "To reach real peace in this world.... we shall have to begin with children". It's obviously not going to happen with the children of Palestine.