Iran's on a roll.
12 people were executed on Sunday January 15- no day of rest for them!
Iran Human Rights, January 15: According to the reports from Iran 12 prisoners were executed in the city of Shiraz (southern Iran) today January 15th.
Iran Human Rights (IHR) had earlier this week warned about the scheduled execution of nine prisoners in Shiraz.
According to the state run Iranian news agency Fars, five prisoners were hanged publicly in three different parts of Shiraz, while seven prisoners were were hanged in the Adelabad prison of Shiraz.
The five prisoners who were hanged in public were identified as:
1. Rahmat Heydari, convicted of kidnapping, murder and armed robbery. He was arrested four weeks ago and his judicial process lasted less than a month.
2. Esmaeil Hamidi Mahmood Abadi, convicted of armed robbery
3. Ali Hadavinia, convicted of armed robbery
4. Mohammad Nabi Tavakoli, convicted of kidnapping and rape
5. Ramin Darakhshan, convicted of rape and kidnapping
Age of none of the prisoners was mentioned in the report.
According to this report seven other prisoners were hanged in the Adelabad prison of Shiraz this morning. All these prisoners were convicted of drug-related offences and none of them were identified by name.
That now makes a total of more than 54 people (that we know of) who have been executed since the beginning of 2012.
Way to go Iran. Keep racking up those deaths, so you can maintain top honors for the greatest number of executions per annum . Allah and Mohammad would be very proud of you.