Pages

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Turkish Killer Of Wife and Then A Lover Looking For Love

62-year-old Sefer Çalınak (a Turkish man) killed his wife and then a lover. For both those murders (at different times of his life) he spent a paltry 14 years in jail. But now he claims he's a changed man, ready and looking for love, and promises he won't kill again.

The 62-year-old Sefer Çalınak shocked viewers when he appeared on a TV program called “Ne Çıkarsa Bahtına,” or “The Luck of the Draw,” this week, saying that women should not be afraid of him because he had learned from his past mistakes and he was ready for a new beginning, Hurriyet Daily News reported Friday.

Çalınak casually admitted that he had killed his previous wife and lover, adding that he was now an “honest person looking for a new wife.”

“Women left me after I told them that I murdered my previous two wives. That’s why I openly told them. I spent 14 years in prison. I have changed my ways,” he told the local daily HaberTürk.

“The woman who will marry me should not be afraid of me killing her,” he added.
Jealousy prompted him to kill his first wife, Fadime, who also happened to be his cousin. They married when they were both 17. He explains why he murdered her.

“Her behavior changed. The nephew of a man who wanted to marry her started to come to our village. I was jealous and I killed her."
“I served my sentence. I was released after four years and six months with amnesty, despite being given a 13-year, nine-month jail term in the first place.”
He murdered the second woman with an axe, spent some time in jail, but was also released early. Apparently she was married, but had promised to leave her hubby for Çalınak.

“I killed her after she attempted to kill me. She was accidentally killed when I swung an axe,” he explained.
Gotta love that excuse. And you know that if it had been the reverse, the woman would have spent much longer in jail.

No comments: