Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Barack Obama's Brother Tells Dinesh D'Souza "You are like a brother"

Conservative writer and filmmaker Dinesh D'Souza whose latest documentary film   "2016:Obama's America" is currently playing in select theatres, has some interesting news about Barack Obama's half brother George. He interviewed George in the film, so got to know him. So who does George call when he needs help? Not his bro Barack, he calls D'Souza.

D'Souza shares the story in an opinion piece on Fox News:  How I became George Obama's 'brother'.

A few days ago I received a call from a man I recently met named George. He was a bit flustered, and soon informed me that his young son was sick with a chest condition. He pleaded with me to send him $1,000 to cover the medical bills. Since George was at the hospital I asked him to let me speak to a nurse, and she confirmed that George’s son was indeed ill. So I agreed to send George the money through Western Union. He was profusely grateful. But before I hung up I asked George, “Why are you coming to me?” He said, “I have no one else to ask.” Then he said something that astounded me, “Dinesh, you are like a brother to me.”

George could have been conning D'Souza, but that's beside the point. D'Souza wants to know why Obama, who talks a good talk about redistribution of wealth and who has more than enough money to help his indigent half brother, doesn't.

One of Obama’s favorite phrases comes right out of the Bible: “We are our brother’s keeper.” Yet he has not contributed a penny to help his own brother. And evidently George does not believe, even in times of emergency, that he can turn to his brother in the White House for help.

So much for spreading the wealth around.

Obama’s refusal to help George is especially surprising because George doesn’t just live in American-style poverty but rather in Third World poverty. He lives in a shanty in the Huruma slum in Nairobi. He gets by on a few dollars a month. Obama also has an aunt named Hawa Auma, his father’s sister, who ekes out a living selling coal on the streets of a small village in Kenya. She says she would like to have her teeth fixed, but she cannot afford it. Obama hasn’t offered to help her either.

D'Souza then goes in to detailed explanation as to why he believes Obama won't help his less fortunate kin, and not surprisingly it all boils down to politics.

It's worth a read.

The rest of the story here.

No comments: