Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Bradley Manning To Become Chelsea Manning

So, it seems that Bradley Edward Manning has decided to become Chelsea E. (Edwina, perhaps?) Manning and wants hormone therapy ASAP.  Since he's spending the next 35 years in Fort Leavenworth Prison (unless he's paroled in 7), that means we, the taxpayers, will be footing the bill.



Apparently he's been having gender identity issues since he was a kid. In a statement read on Today, Bradley NKA Chelsea said:

 "I want everyone to know the real me. I am Chelsea Manning. I am female.. Given the way that I feel, and have felt since childhood, I want to begin hormone therapy as soon as possible." 
According to Bradley.. er.. Chelsea's attorney, although gender issue problems were a factor in releasing the tons of classified information to Wikileaks- information that ultimately endangered many individuals fighting for our freedom- it was really Manning's "strong moral compass" that prompted his actions.

Strong moral compass?  Hmmm.  Giving information to a foreign entity (Julian Assange) that could place many people in danger, isn't indicative of a strong moral compass. At least if he had expunged certain info before handing it over to Assange, I would feel a tad more sympathy for the guy, but nope.

His lawyer said he will do everything in his power to make sure Manning gets his hormone therapy.

Now, I don't care what he does with his body, but as I have said before, jail birds don't deserve special treatment, especially when the taxpayer is responsible for the cost.

Source: Newser, has a video.

No comments: