Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Iran's President-Elect Rohani's Son Killed Himself Over Dad's Extremism

The eldest son of Iran's so-called "moderate" president-elect Hassan Rohani committed suicide in 1992. The reason?  According to his suicide note: his dad's affiliation with Iran's head honcho, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

"I hate your government, your lies, your corruption, your religion, your double acts and your hypocrisy," wrote the future president's son in his suicide note, published in London by exiled Iranian political commentator Ali Reza Nouri.
"I am ashamed to live in such environment where I'm forced to lie to my friends each day, telling them that my father isn't part of all of this. Telling them my father loves this nation, whereas I believe this to be not true. It makes me sick seeing you, my father, kiss the hand of Khamenei," read the letter published in the London-based al-Sharq al-Awsat

Naturally, the Iranian press denied it had anything to do with politics and blamed it on troubles in love, but we all know which is more likely the truth.

People can and do change, but has Rohani truly changed?  We shall see.

No comments: